BUSHEHR SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONE
Authority: Bushehr Development Co.
Tehran Office: 3rd Floor, Sharifpoor building, Dehghan Blvd., Bushehr, Iran.
Tel: +98 771 27796-27243
Fax: +98 771 27243
Tehran Office: No. 11, 2nd blind alley, Shahid Gomnaam , Tehran, Iran
Surface area: 2034 ha
Historical background of Bushehr port dates back to ILam epoch that was recognized as Lyan at that period.
at Sassanid dynasty , it was narrated that the mentioned place was the village developed by sassanid Ardeshir.
to support this idea, it should be mentioned that the ruins of Rishehr castle is Located in the vicinity of Bushehr that recently the remains of ditches (Wells) in process of archeological & scientic discoveries are discovered.
It should be noted that the recent discoveries indicated that Bushehr had been a developed and residential place at Islamic epoch over 4000 years ago
Bushehr is one of the primary cities that have imported Lithography and many of the important cities of Iran took benefit from the modern industries such as electricity and manufacturing the icebox.
Because of the making fortune consequently, representative buildings of foreign companies and the consulates of foreign governments such as Britain, Germany and Osmanid were erected that some of them can be observed even at this time.
Geographical Position of the Port
The port of Bushehr is located in 28, 58 N and 50, 50 E in the north end of a peninsula on the coast of the Persian Gulf. This peninsula is 14 Km long. The depth of water is near to 7m in the external anchorage leading to internal anchorage by the external channel 9200m in length and from the internal anchorage to Khor Soltani, Bushehr berth and then to Khor Booder by the internal channel 3900m in length. The channel is 140m in average width.
Climate in Bushehr Port
Bushehr port has got a semi-tropical climate with very hot and humid summer and temperate winter. The seasonal South Western winds blow on Bushehr Sea from the beginning of June to the end of October but they rarely reach the harbor. The seasonal North Eastern winds blow on Bushehr Sea and sometimes very strongly on the land from the end of December to the beginning of May.
The power of North Wind usually reaches to 6 in Beaufort scale, but it may rarely border on 8.
The average power of Wind in winter is 4 in Beaufort scale
The temperature range during summer is +35 to +40 degrees centigrade, whereas it mat border on +2 degrees centigrade in winter.
The humidity range during winter is %40 to %80 and %30 to %99 in summer.
The ebb and tide in Bushehr port is diurnal. The tidal range differs from 1 m to 1.6 m.
The highest tide may reach to 2 m and the lowest ebb may border on .7 m. The speed of water current in the internal channel and Khore Soltani may reach to 2-3 knots in ebb and flow conditions
The maximum height of the wave in the external anchorage is almost 1.5 m and .6 in the internal anchorage.
The port of Bushehr is connected to neighboring cities via 4 important routes:
- Bushehr – Khormooj – Kangan – Lengeh – Bandar Abbas extended 920 Km in length.
- Bushehr – Borazjan – Shiraz extended 290 Km in length.
- Bushehr – Borazjan – Yasooj – Isfahan.
- Bushehr – Genaveh – Deylam – Mahshahr – Abadan extended 690 Km in length.
It is worth mentioning that Bushehr – Borazjan route is a highway .
The port of Bushehr is one of the most accessible ports of the country to airport with only 5 Km distance. The international airport of Bushehr is provided with domestic flights to Tehran, Isfahan, Shiraz, Mashad, Kish, Kharg and international flights to Dubi and Jaddeh.
3- SHIP BUILDING FACTORIES
These factories, located near the port, are capable of repairing vessels of any kind up to 2500 tons onshore and building offshore constructs. Iran -Sadra Company has up to now built some huge oil platforms belonged to Southern Pars Area.
Specific facilities and alleviations of Bushehr Special Zone
• 20% discount on customs tariffs
• 75% discount on shipping exported goods, 50% for storage costs and 60% on THC for these goods
• 90% discount for freighters carrying capotage goods
• The nearest special economic zone to the Persian Gulf countries (Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain and Saudi Arabia)
• Shipyards, Tran's coastal industries and regular ship lines for freighting, passenger and containers
• Providing 35 hectares of Negin Island (can be extended to 70 hectares) for investment or utilizing the advantages of the special zone and exclusive road access to the Persian Gulf highway (Bushehr- Barazjan)
• An international airport in the 5 Km of the special zone and goods transit through airport, road and water
• Various industries in the province including the immense South Pars Gas-Condensate field, oil, gas and petrochemical industries, fishery industries, nuclear reactor, date packaging industries, date farms, prawn farms, all them near Bushehr harbor special zone
• Fast access to consumption targets and markets of Fars and Isfahan provinces through road
• The harbor is near the city, providing easy access to urban facilities
• Exports and Imports Service Center in the harbor gathering all related exports and imports affairs in one place to further accelerate trade affairs (one windowed system)
• Suitable urban welfare facilities in the region, such as well equipped hotels and hospitals
• Bushehr Special Zone No. 2 is near this zone (about 20 km away) as a hinterland for unlimited storage of goods and containers.
o Loading and unloading, handling and storage of cargo in port areas.
o Issuing certificates for berth construction and other installations and equipment operation for accommodating ships.
o Receiving port dues and charges and port fees for cargo and vessels arriving the port.
o Providing the necessary infrastructure for rendering port services and port expansion plans.
o Rendering container operation services such as stripping, stuffing, and washing empty containers.
o Granting port lands to investors as a short term lease.
o Granting port lands to investors as a long term lease within B.O.T and B.O.OT contracts.
o Issuing the negotiable warehouse receipt for the goods imported to the zone.
o Issuing the certificate of origin for the goods exported from the zone.
o Providing services related to import of equipment, consumption products, and spare parts for port operations within the special economic zone and free zone without customs formalities.
o Having the legal advantages of Special Economic Zones.
o The nearest southern port to Persian Gulf states (Qatar, Bahrain & Saudi Arabia)
o Possibility of providing diversified services to vessels and availability of ship building industries in the region.
o Possibility of investment within 27 hectares of Negin Island.
o Proximity of a very large special Economic Zone of Bushehr industrial area.
o Easy & fast access to urban facilities.
o Having 20 percent discount in custom tariffs
o Having the major traffic of importing fruit products among all ports of Iran.
o Possibility of storage of goods at least 3 months which can be amended to longer periods based on manager recognition
o Possibility of transit and re-export of imported goods with less formalities
o Possibility of importing equipments and other facilities in SEZ for using within port area without any custom tariffs and
o Possibility of issuance of certificate of origin for imported goods and splitting store receipt.